P&G classic soaps channel gone from AOL............

Post any soap related news here. This forum is for both classic soaps and current soaps news.
Chuck89
Writing Staff

01 Jan 2009, 18:07 #1

It looks like the switch to Brightcove will affect the P&G soaps channel,as AOL has closed it down,but it looks like they
are working on moving these shows elsewhere(maybe Hulu?)

PGP CLASSIC SOAP CHANNEL

Effective 2009, Another World, The Edge of Night, Search for Tomorrow and Texas will no longer be streamed on AOL.

PGP appreciates the support of AOL and all of our loyal fans who loved and watched these shows during their most recent run. We are currently exploring other
options in making these shows once again available for viewing and hope that that the break is only temporary.

Stay tuned for up-to-the-minute news and, in the meantime, please check out the 1991 episodes of Another World
currently airing on Hulu.com! posted by PGP Classic Soaps at 8:09 AM 0 comments links to this post

Palivoda
Intern

02 Jan 2009, 04:54 #2

I hope they find somewhere else to post the esp. How long do you think we will have to wait Chuck?

Chuck89
Writing Staff

02 Jan 2009, 05:07 #3

P&G didn't give a time frame,so I think it could be a while.

MARGRET HENRY
Fill In

02 Jan 2009, 05:14 #4

Hey everyone, I emailed HULU, their **** department asking them to seriously consider airing the dropped soaps from AOL. Here is my email. I would
encourage EVERYONE TO EMAIL THEM REQUESTING THEM TO TAKE OVER THE AIRING OF THESE SOAPS. Im bummed that AOL has dropped these, especailly TEXAS. I missed it
the first time round and was enjoying the chance to see it completely thru on AOL, but now that isnt possible. So lets get together and see if we can get them
on HULU:

"Hi there. Hulu is showing Another World Soap episodes starting from 1991. AOL has been showing ANOTHER WORLD'S EPISODES from the early 80's. AOL
Video is to switch to Brightcove players in 2009. They have dropped 4 soaps from PGP (proctor gamble productions i believe its called) which were SEARCH FOR
TOMORROW, TEXAS, EDGE OF NIGHT AND ANOTHER WORLD. The final date of ANOTHER WORLD they are showing is November 12, 1981, SEARCH FOR TOMORROW is Monday,January
13,1986, TEXAS is Friday,December 4,1981, and EDGE OF NIGHT is Thursday,November 6,1980. This is from P&G's Soap Blog:

THURSDAY, JANUARY 01, 2009

PGP CLASSIC SOAP CHANNEL

Effective 2009, Another World, The Edge of Night, Search for Tomorrow and Texas will no longer be streamed on AOL.

PGP appreciates the support of AOL and all of our loyal fans who loved and watched these shows during their most recent run. We are currently exploring other
options in making these shows once again available for viewing and hope that the break is only temporary.

Stay tuned for up-to-the-minute news and, in the meantime, please check out the 1991 episodes of Another World currently airing onHulu.com!

POSTED BY PGP CLASSIC SOAPS AT 8:09 AM

What are the chances of HULU carrying these soaps from these dates like they did with ANOTHER WORLD's 1991 episodes? The high demand of the fans encourage
HULU to continue from where Soapnet left off disappointing many, many fans. I know there are a lot of fans upset with this AOL dropping the episodes as they
have. I loved watching the old original soaps, as what soaps were really about rather then the trash that is seen in today's soaps. If HULU has the ability
to broadcast ANOTHER WORLD'S 1991 episodes, surely they would be able to add these that are dropped from AOL?? I as 1 fan think I can speak for the many
others, we would love HULU to give great consideration and thought to continue with these earlier episodes of these soaps. Many people would be so happy about
it. Im sure others will contact you with many other reasons but I felt I had to speak for myself first, then the others as well. Thanks for your time, I hope
to hear back from someone there regarding this issue with a "YES WE CAN, YES WE WILL!". Thankyou.

Sincerely, Margret Henry"

Chuck89
Writing Staff

02 Jan 2009, 06:00 #5

That is a good idea and I will send an e-mail to Hulu too. Since these are all Procter and Gamble owned shows,it shouldn't be a problem for Hulu to work
something out,since they not only have the 1991 AW episodes,but the 2007 episodes of GL and ATWT as well.

MARGRET HENRY
Fill In

03 Jan 2009, 05:38 #6

Chuck, I never said thanks for all you did posting the Urls from all the soaps as you have these last few years. You have alot of grateful fans, including
me!!!!!!! Hopefully we'll see something from HULU. Ive always gotten a reply back from them to any emails Ive sent them, and Ive sent many of them. They
are fantastic that way. Im waiting for a reply back to the one I posted on here and hoping I can share some good news with a response from them. Ill keep you
posted. Have a great night.

Don Howard
Fill In

05 Jan 2009, 17:15 #7

Yes, Chuck, three cheers from me, too, for all you did to bring those shows to us. It is much appreciated.

Billy
Intern

06 Jan 2009, 20:42 #8

Im not able to watch some of the old videos on here some open and some dont. Can anyone help i type in the address to watch episodes but they wont play in my
windows media player.Very frustrating that aol took our shows away

Chuck89
Writing Staff

06 Jan 2009, 22:50 #9

Billy wrote:
Im not able to watch some of the old videos on here some open and some dont. Can anyone help i type in the address to watch episodes but they wont play in my
windows media player.Very frustrating that aol took our shows away
Some of the older videos in the WMV format are no longer available(for Texas 1-46,48-77 and 164-339 are available).

If you are having trouble getting the FLV stream URLs to play in in Windows Media player you need to install a codec to get them to play there or just install
another player(like VLC media player or KM player)which already have the codecs built in.

This page has the codec that you need to play FLV streams in WMP..........

http://www.download.com/M...3000-2169_4-10656565.html

Last year,I posted the links for the players and detailed instructions on how to play these FLV streams at this URL..........

http://soapworldclassicsoaps.yuku.com/topic/5327
Last edited by Chuck89 on 06 Jan 2009, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

Chuck89
Writing Staff

07 Jan 2009, 07:47 #10

I just received a reply from Hulu about the possibility of them adding the P&G classic soaps............

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your suggestion. I've passed your request for classic soaps on to our

content acquisition team. In the future, feel free to e-mail such requests

directly to [email protected].

We're always working with various content owners to negotiate for the streaming

rights to more shows and more episodes/clips from shows we already have, and we

believe you'll see our content lineup grow over time.

Thanks,

Rob

Hulu

01/01/2009 11:40 - Charles Snitchler wrote:

> AOL video just shut down the P&G classic soaps channel,which featured 1981 AW

episodes,its spinoff Texas,Edge of Night and Search for Tomorrow.

>

> A lot of us fans of these shows are very disappointed.

> Texas and SFT still had only a year left until its runs were complete.

> Is it a possiblity that these soaps will be moving over to Hulu,since the 1991

episodes are there?

>
Last edited by Chuck89 on 07 Jan 2009, 07:55, edited 1 time in total.